Speaker: Pete Vowles, Head of DFID Kenya
Pete Vowles has been Head of DFID Kenya since April 2016 and has kindly agreed to brief us on the DFID country programme.
Kenya has the largest, most diverse economy in East Africa. But about 25% of Kenyans do not have enough income to meet their basic food needs. Progress on the Millennium Development Goals is patchy.
DFID Kenya concentrates on:
- improving maternal and reproductive health
- accelerating the fight against malaria
- increasing school access and the quality of education
- reducing vulnerability and malnutrition among Kenya’s most disadvantaged
- supporting refugees, improving governance and accountability
- catalysing private sector growth to create more jobs for young people
- helping Kenya to develop green energy and adapt to a changing climate
The meeting will last from 1230-1400 over a working sandwich lunch.
Members of BEI, D-Group and Strategy International : No charge
Members of D-Group and Strategy International should contact Melina Tay to register
For more information, please view this event on the British Expertise website.