Join this inaugural UK Trade Mission to Kyrgyzstan, in Central Asia. Kyrgyzstan, with a population of 5.7 million, was part of the Soviet Union until 1991. It is an early transition country with significant investment needs in the professional services, education, infrastructure & power, tourism, extractives and agri-business sectors. In recent years the Government have maintained a strong development agenda to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth, with the support of a number of international development institutions, including DFID, World Bank, Asian Development Bank and EBRD. FDI is running at about $1.6 billion p.a. and Kyrgyzstan ranks an encouraging 67th (out of 189 countries) in the World Bank's Doing Business report.
Outline Mission Programme
Sunday 26 February
Travel to Bishkek. Recommended flight: Turkish Airlines via Istanbul, d. LHR 1140 a. Bishkek 0625 Monday.
Monday 27 February - Wednesday 1 March
- Programme starts late morning Monday to allow for rest from overnight flight
- Briefing by British Embassy team and local stakeholders at the British Embassy
- Group meetings with all the main donors, business associations and Government Ministries
- Reception hosted by HM Ambassador
Thursday 2 March
- Return to UK (recommended flight: Turkish Airlines d. Bishkek 0755, a. LHR 1440).
For further information and to express interest please click here.